High Voltage Engineering Test Systems and Diagnosis
Dates and Infos
Description of the lecture
The lecture deals with the background of different systems to test high voltage components. The generation of high voltages and currents under laboratory conditions as well as different measurement techniques for high voltages and currents are introduced. Furthermore, various reasons for the occurrence of measurement uncertainties are presented and countermeasures against uncertainties are derived. The gained knowledge is deepened by means of various test circuits.
- Dimensioning of test systems to generate high AC, DC or impulse voltages
- Test systems to generate high currents
- Measurement of electrical parameters in high voltage applications as well as under laboratory conditions
- Measurement dividers: Working principle and specific advantages and disadvantages
- Fundamentals of partial discharge measurement and diagnostics
- Fundamentals of ultrasonic diagnostics in solid insulation systems
- Network behaviour in case of voltage drops
- Assembly of Low-Voltage-Ride-Through (LVRT) test systems to simulate voltage drops
- Synthetic test circuit according to Weil-Dobke to test the turn-off capability of high voltage circuit breakers
- Monitoring of high voltage transformers
- Guidelines to select measurement equipment and analyse measurement results
- Fundamentals of electromagnetic compatibility in high voltage substations
- Fundamentals of reducing electromagnetic influence
None. The bachelor-lectures “Komponenten und Anlagen der elektrischen Energieversorgung” and the seminar “Hoch- und Mittelspannungsschaltgeräte und –anlagen” (both in German) offer an introduction into the field of electrical power engineering.
Written examination (see RWTHonline).
- Küchler, High Voltage Engineering, Springer Verlag
- Beyer/Beck/Möller/Zaengl: Hochspannungstechnik. Springer Verlag