Protection and Control Technology
Description of the seminar
This one-week seminar delivers exclusive insight into protection and control of power grids for 14 selected students. The course takes place in Austria every semester in cooperation with the company OMICRON.
This seminar is only available in German language. Please find more Details on the German site of this course.
- Basic and special concepts of protection
- Interfaces to control and communication systems
- Challenges due to integration of decentralised energy resources
- Presentations, demonstrations and learning exercises
- Excursion to control room and hydro power plant of Illwerke VKW
- Excursion to OMICRON’s head office
- Completed Bachelor-studies
- Master-programme related to Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Good German language skills (written and spoken)
- Written application
- Participation cannot be guaranteed